Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Playing Dolls

As a favor for a friend, I am stitching some doll clothes.
They will be part of a raffle to raise money for a hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
A very worthy cause, in my opinion.
This was a quick casual ensemble that I whipped up in just a couple of hours! 
I love that the skirt is called Easy-Peasy. 
It really is!

I used dotted swiss for the little peasant top, and added a small bow
at the neck.
For the skirt, I used two early Amy Butler prints from my personal stash, accented with
hot pink baby rick rack.
The pattern is ModKid's Mini Nina, a dolly-sized interpretation of Patty Young's
child-size Nina pattern.
The Mini Nina may be found here.

I have a few more doll duds in the making.
They are such fun!



2 comments:

Julia said...

Adorable. That reminds me that I need to make doll clothes for my grands.

Kathy V said...

Precious! I have not heard the phrase "playing dolls" in a long time. That used to be a popular question when my cousins would get together. "Do you want to play dolls??" Thanks for the memory, and also for sharing the precious outfit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails