Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another Chapter Ends


For six and one-half years, fabric, lace, thread, patterns and sewing notions have filled my days, as I assisted BessieMary customers.

A little over a year ago, I closed my brick and mortar store, but continued business through my BessieMary website.
Fabric, lace, patterns, buttons and notions were tied with a bow, tucked within boxes, and whisked to the Post Office.

I have now made the difficult decision to close the website.


My vision continues to present challenges.  I am no longer able to provide the level of service my customers deserve, and on which I always strived to base my business.
Additional surgery may be in my future.  I need to focus on my health and family.

In some ways, I am sad. 
In others, I am relieved.
In even more ways, I am anxious to see what lies around the next bend in the road.


I am not sure how long it will take to complete the closing sale
So, it may be awhile before I am back to regular blogging or doing much besides finishing up the last details of business.
If you wish to keep up with information regarding the sale,
you may check my website New Arrivals page, or the BessieMary Facebook page.

To all my customers, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Each of you has richly blessed my life and stitched a small piece of yourself into my memories and heart.  I can only hope that BessieMary and I brought you a small amount of pleasure, too.


13 comments:

Laurie said...

Jan,

I know that this is one of those hard decisions in life that you are trusting God with. May His peace be with you in the challenges ahead.

Jeannie B. said...

Jan, May the road ahead of you bring you good things. Love, Jeannie

Kellie said...

Change is never easy, but always for the purpose of bringing you to an expected end. Praying for peace during the transition.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, No! I'm so sorry Jan. I think it's a good idea that you take time for yourself, though. You need to heal again. Know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo
Donna

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I hope this next chapter of life will work well for you. It's always difficult to make these types of decisions, and I wish you the best.

ShirleyC said...

You have to do what is best for you. I'll be praying for complete healing and the faith you need to endure these changes.

Claudia said...

Dear Jan, how hard this decision must have been for you, especially since you have fought your vision problems so valiantly. It sounds, however, like you are ready for the next turn in the road. Blessings and love to you.
xo
Claudia

Martha said...

I will be so sad to see you go, but I am so glad you have been there these past few years. Hugs. I know this has been a tough decision. It will all be well in the end. You've done a great job as well as a beautiful one too.

Lesley said...

What a hard decision for you to make Jan. I hope the road ahead is smooth for you and that you take time for you and your family

Aunt Honey said...

I know this was a difficult decision, and I hope your vision will improve. Thank you for the sale prices. I hope you will continue to blog, and post your creations as you are able to sew. You are a tremendous inspiration!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Sending light and love your way sweet lady. When the doors are closing, may you keep on walking till you find the window. I know a path will be made for you.
Hugs and friends,
Michelle and the Bunnies

Kathy Ellen said...

Mary,please know that there are so many of us, whose prayers are with you, as you have made this decision to close 'Bessie Mary'. Just know that you have blessed so many lives with your beautiful work, and with the precious words that you have shared with us on your blog. Praying that closing your business will go peacefully well for you.

May the Lord always walk with you through the next chapter of your life:)

Rebecca Nelson said...

OH sweets...this is shocking news. But...I understand your heart and your reasons.

God will lead you to the next wonderful phase of your life, no doubt.

You are in my prayers always.

xoRebecca

Related Posts with Thumbnails