I completely forgot to share this little outfit earlier this summer!
I did post it on a sewing forum to which I belong, so it may look familiar to some.
It has been a busy week, and the only sewing I accomplished was in my dreams.
So, I decided to go back in time and share something that I did actually stitch!
The pattern is Ruffled Neckline Top or Dress from Whimsy Couture.
It is a pdf pattern and may be purchased here
The recipient was a very busy little lady, crawling here and there.
So, I also made a pair of coordinating bloomers.
This is a cute pattern, and a breeze to construct!
I did think it ran a little slim, especially for active little diaper-bottoms. Shortened to top length, and worn with bloomers, seemed to work best in the smaller sizes.
Melissa has made several sweet versions for her darling daughters. The most recent was worn on the first day of school.
I did make one change to the construction.
The pattern instructs to narrow hem the armhole edges, and then stitch the side seams. That leaves the seam allowances exposed, and just kind of hanging out there!
I stitched my side seams first, using a tiny French seam. It gives a nice and neatly finished appearance to the inside of the garment.
Using a bias strip of the gingham, I faced the armholes. This provides one smoothly finished edge around the entire armhole. I also love the little dressmaking touch it adds!
The ruffled neckline frames sweet faces, and is a really fun little outfit!
Novelty print fabric from Fabric Finders and kiwi gingham from Stylecrest are available at BessieMary.