Monday, February 28, 2011

Children's Corner Hillary


Hillary, by Children's Corner, has always been a favorite of mine!
I made this little version several years ago, using a floral print (no longer available) and a coordinating gingham.
I have fabrics pulled to make another Hillary, but still attempting to clean and organize my sewing room.
I may just have to admit defeat on the cleaning and organizing and start sewing!

The square neckline, and combination of pleats and gathers in the front, make this design a little different from most basic square yoke dresses.
I adore turn cord bows.  The front of this little dress just seemed to beg for one.
After all, everything is better with a bow!


Sweet design touches continue on the back of the dress, with a v-shaped neckline and yoke overlap.
It is the perfect spot for a decorative Mother of Pearl button!


I also used the gingham for the skirt placket, just to add another small and special touch!
Sorry for the fuzzy pictures.
I think my camera is suggesting that I need to continue cleaning and save photography for another day!


Whether cleaning or stitching, may it be a good Monday for you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious little dress! Love all the details! :)

Kellie said...

So cheery on a Monday morning! Love the gingham accents!

Martha said...

This is adorable. I have to admit that I was never impressed by this pattern before. I don't think I have ever seen it made up though. I love it. And I would never have thought to use the gingham as the placket. Too cute. I hope I remember the next time, because that is too cute.

Jeannie B. said...

I love the little secret you put into the dress. The gingham placket!! What a cut idea. I love it.

Piper said...

Jan, that is just the cutest. I have this same floral and it is really cute with the gingham with it. I love the gingham placket and now, I really want to pull out a Hillary and make one for my little girl. Thanks for the inspiration. Also, love the bow added to the front. Nice special touches!

Edward said...

Jan, I do love your Hillary. You choose such special combinations and have a special talent. Thanks for such a nice blog. Imagine how it will be when you receive your new glasses.
The placket is so cute. Love it all.

Julia said...

Lovely Hillary!

DawnB said...

Love that Hillary !! I still have some of that floral, it is so sweet.

KathyEllen said...

Your "Hilary" dress is a lovely masterpiece! I used to sew all of my daughter's clothing and little dresses were among my favorites to make. This would be a wonderful little dress for my almost one year old granddaughter!

Unknown said...

I love this dress and have to admit... I do not own Hillary. Might have to change that soon.

Sandra Bryan said...

Thanks for sharing. Dress is lovely as usual. You do great work. The fabric suits the pattern.

Related Posts with Thumbnails