Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blessings

I learn, as the years roll onward
And leave the past behind,
That much I had counted sorrow
But proves that God is kind;
That many a flower I had longed for
Had hidden a thorn of pain,
And many a rugged bypath
Led to fields of ripened grain.

The clouds that cover sunshine
They cannot banish the sun;
And the earth shines out the brighter
When the weary rain is done.
We must stand in the deepest shadow
To see the clearest light;
And often through wrong's own darkness
Comes the very strength of light.
~Author Unknown~

5 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, Jan.
xoxo
Donna

Jeannie B. said...

Blessings to you too Jan.

Unknown said...

Happy sunday jan!!!
Hugs and prayers!!

Julia said...

Thank you for your inspiring blog! I am struggling right now understanding why my Mother is having such prolonged suffering. Why is she so miserable? Why can't I do something to ease her mind? Why can't the drs. get her meds worked out? Why has she quit eating? Why? Why? Why? Maybe one day, I'll look back and "get it", but probably not. I don't think we are supposed to understand everything. I just keep praying for peace for my Mother. You have been through so much, I don't know how you can be so positive!!!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That is so beautiful. Many happy blessings, goodness and light to you my friend.
xx, shell

Related Posts with Thumbnails